Who are you talking to?
Later on in this course you will get tips for communicative presentation slides, but a presentation is not the same as a bunch of slides so we must start with the most important - the contents of your entire presentation. And to get it right, you need to keep an eye on your target audience. Honestly - have you analyzed which one is your target audience?
What audience are you for your presentations? Most presenters put all effort into what they want to say instead of what the recipients want to hear, but I do not think you belong to them. But it does not hurt to still spend some time to find out as much as you can about your audience.
- What do you know about them that is relevant in this context?
- What expectations do they have?
- How interested are they? Do they come voluntarily to listen to you?
- What do they know already? Is there something they might not know?
- What are the main fears and obstacles for your target audience?
Write down which target group you have and what you know about the people in it.